The Return of the Lone Ranger

It was all over the web, the Jerry Bruckheimer, Gore Verbinski, Johnny Depp project, “The Lone Ranger” was cancelled by Disney because of the high production cost of $250 million. Work was put on hold and some of the sets being build where going to be torn down again. But it looks like the budget is being brought down. While Disney wanted to bring it down to $210 million, a person close to the movie director said that the budget has been lowered to $230 million so far. According to the source the three big names agreed to cut down on their own piece of the cake. Another saving measures will be made on some of the heavy special effects that involves the supernatural that where planned for the movie. No agreement has been closed yet but it looks like Johnny Depp has high hopes that the project will continue.

Reached by email on Tuesday, Depp was cryptic about the “Lone Ranger” project. “I think everything will work out as it should,” the Oscar-nominated actor said from London, where he was at Pinewood Studios outside London working on the Warner Bros. film “Dark Shadows.” (LA Times Blog)

Looks like a little bit of a power play by Disney to show who’s boss (always the one with the money). Personally I didn’t think Disney would shut it down as the team of  Jerry Bruckheimer, Gore Verbinski and Johnny Depp are way to important for the mouse.

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply